Monday, January 25, 2010

Last post of the term

I want to wish everyone luck and success in their future endeavors. I hope all of you find what you're looking for and never stop dreaming. Since this is my last post, I figure I'll leave everyone with one of my favorite quotes.

"Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible." (T.E. Lawrence)

1 comment:

  1. Where do nightmares fit into the T.E. Lawrence quote? For example, the week before the Haiti earthquake, I dreamed a tsunami in Florida. It was both graphic and terrifying . . . not sure where the vanity fits in. . . except I could see the waves coming to engulf us and felt powerless to stop them or escape from them. Somewhere in the landscape I saw a young woman holding an infant whom I finally recognized as my granddaughter (who is currently only 7 years old) as the mother. This was enough to shock me into wakefulness.

    Then, a day or two before the earthquake I dreamed I was riding a white horse who wanted to turn around. I kept trying to rein him around to go forward. The phone woke me and I shared the dream with my caller, later researching all sorts of apocylyptic versions of the symbolism of the white horse.

    I can be dangerous by day though, as well. I commend you sir as a dangerous man as well and wish you great success! Act your dream.

    ReplyDelete